COOKING FOR BEGINNERS - ESSEX - VARIOUS DATES
Want to be able to cook up a storm in the kitchen but don’t really know where to start? Our beginner course is designed specifically for those who haven’t had much opportunity to learn and practice basic cooking techniques and those looking to build confidence around food, knives and in the kitchen.
Throughout this course, you will learn the fundamentals of cooking and practice techniques that can be applied to meat, fish and vegetables, giving you the knowledge that will allow you to blossom into a brilliant home cook. You’ll be let loose in the kitchen from the very beginning, with step-by-step demonstrations given to you to follow by your experienced teacher.
By the end of the course, you’ll have prepared and cooked several dishes and be confident in your ability to whip up a tasty home cooked dish for your family and friends.
- Knife Skills
- Kitchen Hygiene
- How to eat sustainably and healthy
- Filleting fish and learning how to poach/ steam
- How to roast a joint of meat
TYPICAL RECIPES COVERED
- Tomato salsa, new potatoes and vegetables
- Roasting joints of meat with potatoes and vegetables.
- Beef stew with root vegetables
- Pan fried chicken with tarragon sauce
- Sauces (White sauce, gravy, red wine sauce, tarragon sauce
- Hands-on practical cookery class
- Small groups of only 5 people, leaving lot of time for questions
- All ingredients sourced locally and all equipment supplied
- Professional tuition and qualified advice
- Sit-down lunches and discussions on food at the time
- Complimentary soft beverages and nibbles from the bar (Alcohol with your food at an additional cost)
- No washing up
- Recipe packs to take home
10am - 4:30pm
Tendering: The House,Crow Lane,Tendring,Clacton On Sea,Essex,CO16 9AW